HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY TO ALL ASSISTANTS
We believe that the Health and Safety of our employees and others who may be affected by our business dealings is a matter of key importance. We are committed to providing a working environment where we strive to eliminate, or suitably control, risks to tolerable levels.
This will be achieved by using risk managements principles, incorporating task and hazard based risk assessment and ensuring safe systems of work. The provision of a safe place of work and continuous improvement in our health and safety performance are essential requirements for delivering our business strategy. We manage risk through a three stage process:
• Setting the policy
• Identifying and assessing the risks
• Evaluating employee’s competencies and training needs
• Taking action to eliminate and reduce risks
• Establishing safe systems of work
• Approving employee’s competencies
Monitoring and review
• Measurement of Performance
Using this approach we aim to:
• Provide and maintain plant and systems of work that are safe and without risk to health
• Maintain the workplace in a safe condition and with safe means of access and exit
• Ensure the safe use, handling, storage and transport of any articles and substances which are inherently or potentially dangerous
• Provide comprehensive health and safety information, instruction, training and supervision
• Provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment with adequate welfare facilities and arrangements
To reinforce this process we have developed a number of minimum standard policies on specific topics that define the organisation and arrangements necessary for achieving the above objectives. These more detailed policies have been written taking into account legislative requirements, published guidance and industry best practice and will be reviewed regularly and updated when appropriate to encompass continual improvements. They are available from Personnel/Safety departments or site safety contacts. To ensure that our health and safety objectives are met, we expect the active cooperation, involvement and assistance of all our employees in the risk management process by reporting all incidents that have caused, or may potentially cause, injury.
The input of all employees into the Company’s health and safety programme is essential to achieving our goal of continuous improvement in this vital aspect of our business.